Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gellert~

Is amazing.

So- the baths were an amazing experience.

I arrived there at 10:30 ish, after getting amazing directions off the BKV website. It was a little sketchy at first, since they locked my stuff away (I had a cabin this time)- and they kept the lock, not me, and I was afraid something might get stolen. But nothing of the sort happened.

This was the thermal baths. It was an older crowd than my previous bath, but the young people slowly came in.


This bath was the warmer one, 38 degrees centigrade.


That felt very hot after going into this modest looking tub. It's temperature is 15 degrees! People don't last long in there, but I enjoyed a lot of time in there.

I went to the sauna (first the 60 degree one, then the 77 degree one- that was EXTREME, I lasted about 7 minutes.) After cooling off I then did the steam baths. My glasses fogged up, and it was hard to see and I couldn't read the thermometer. I'm guessing it was in the high 60s.


This water was sooo tasty after being in the baths. In this experience- and feeling, I was reminded of the quote from Clockwork Orange. "Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now."


This was the pool. I actually didn't really go in here- nothing very exciting, but really pretty.



Spitting out water in the pool.


Near the entrance.



This is a hotel as well. According to wikipedia, it is the basis for the Hotel Baths level in Hitman: Codename 47. I don't even really remember that level very well, that makes me sad.

Well- the rest of the day was enjoyable, but nothing compared to that.

Why can't every day be like this? There are still many other baths left for me to explore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I wish I was there, too bad they were closed at day, even 'mutton soup' cannot make up for it!

Facetious Student said...

Snap... I was at the exact same one. Did Rachael not tell you about the experience we shared there? You can always find out for yourself by getting a mud bath.