Thursday, April 24, 2008

I just can't say no.

So. I couldn't resist. I have decided to go to Krakow and Aushwitz. I need to travel. I'll be bringing my functional notes with me so all will be well.

Class has been good. I'm going to audit my hardest class- character theory, since it is too hard. But I still think its great.

Number Theory has been good as well. Its a bit weird- we never went into the proof of the chinese remainder thm (we did that in algebra last term!) since my prof doesn't like it. But we did show today that x^4 + y^4 = z^4 has no solutions, which was fun.

Set Theory was good as well. The professor had fallen down so he had a sling on his right arm. He is a very resilient guy, but there was some difficulty writing with his left hand. We did Sierpinski's decomposition of the plane, anyway. (If the Continuum hypothesis holds).

Had a fun food adventure. Went to a vegan restaurant by my friend's apt- for the first time. It had really interesting decor. I had some sort of wheat-potato pasta with cabbage. It was quite tasty! My friend tried the ginger drink, which turned out to be quite good as well. Everything was organic.

This weekend I will have many more adventures. I must get up at 4 in the morning tomorrow! Siigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the proof of x^4 + y^4 = z^4 is in no way shape or form fun.