Thursday, May 22, 2008

i'm back!

Last week after my Combo midterm I celebrated in great fashion, going to a Belgian eatery with friends. I ordered the cheapest real meal on the menu: the rabbit. Thinking about that, I really haven't seen any rabbits in Europe! How sad. I also had some delicious Bellevue.

Friday- since there was no functional class, I decided to head to the House of Terror, which is very close to me. It was an amazing musuem- pictures were not allowed inside the museum. It documentated the Hungarian struggle against the Arrow Cross party, and then the Communists. There were lots of tragic stories and such, and I learned a lot during the visit.

The museum is located where the Hungarian 'Gestapo' was. They imprisoned people there- the prisoners were destroyed, but they were reconstructed. There were square short cells so people couldn't stand straight, and there was a cell flooded with water a few inches deep, so you would always have to sit in water.

The entrance.
The outside.

I headed to the last class of Character Theory. It was fun.

Tomorrow (i/e last Saturday- I would have friends visiting me)

No comments: