Thursday, March 13, 2008

gyro streak- broken

One of the last to get to class for the Number Theory midterm. It was a lot of fun! Ah, number theory. There were 7 questions, I solved six in the two hours. Solving 5 would give an A. One question was a divisibilty problems- i.e. show number divides big number ^ big number + another big number ^ another big number. I apparently didn't do this problem the 'smart way'- it took a page of space. But I came up with exactly what I wanted, which was very nice. Csaba gave us chocolate while we were taking the test. It was tasty. Solving number theory problems is really one of the most satisfying things~

did some homework during the break~

before CHA headed to McDonalds. I had a craving for a small yet tasty and pickle-y cheeseburger. I got two, and a soda. It was good. McDonalds has some seasonal items- i.e. a sandwich only available for a week or two, such as a chicken cordon bleu sandwich. That being said, I think I'll have to go back and try these things later~

CHA was great! First off- before class I actually solved one of the homework problems. That was amazing. Class was great as well. We finished the proof of Burside's Theorem, talked a bit about the history of character theory, and went on to another theorem of Burnside's. If Chi(1) is greater than 1, there must be a zero somewhere in the row. Pelikan said that this was one of the more amazing and remarkable basic theorems of representation theory. We ended class with tensor products and briefly discussing the concept of a character field.

Went home- went out to the gym and ran some more. I had almost ran 4.0 km when part of the gym's power went off. Moments later, it had returned, but the moment was over, and I was done.


Made an excellent dinner of my frozen couscous and chicken. Also deep fried for the first time, which was entertaining. Made these frozen 'burritos', which looked just like egg rolls. They had the egg roll wrappings, but contained some kind of beef-salsa mix. They were interesting, thats for sure. Some weird nature bug show was on tv where the bugs were clear and they were eating other bugs, and you could see them inside the clear bug. As I was eating at the time, this was not very pleasant. So I changed the channel, which ended up being Married with Children- in Hungarian!

Had a friend over and did some logic homework together. Made some real progress- I think.

So tomorrow I have CO1A at 8. ;( There is no number theory class- which is sad, apparently the make up made up for the real class, which I did not realize until today. Afterwards I shall get a haircut.

Goodbye for now!

No comments: