Sunday, March 2, 2008

its BUDA time

Rained and gusted wind a lot today as well. Jumped up once with my umbrella open hoping to get lifted up into the sky, instead the umbrella folded backwards.

Walked up to Buda Castle. A very nice view.

Since it was so cold we went to this touristy restaurant to get some nice thick hot chocolate. It was expensive but well worth it.

Walked around some more, heading north. Saw lots of statues and good sights.

Then we had a small lunch since we had already walked so much of Goulash soup.



After seeing the Vienna Gate, we headed south towards Elizabeth Bridge. Hungarians really liked Queen Sissi. We looked at the statue of her, and then walked over her bridge to return to Pest.


Walked to the opera, went inside to look for tickets. Tickets for April go on sale tomorrow; I think I will buy relatively expensive tickets to Don Giovanni after class.

Had an interesting dinner of potato cake with paprika beef and sour cream. I ordered a pickle salad as well, since I really felt like eating a pickle. It came with pickled cabbage and beet, which I didn't like too much.

Took Lisa to the trainstation, had a wonderful and cheap chocolate baklava there. Saw two men playing chess very intensely. Saw her off.

Went back and did a lot of work, trying to make my not-productive weekend a little productive. I actually did quite a lot!

Tomorrow I have class from 10-2. Then I will wander. If I am extremely adventurous I might go to another theatre, looking for Carmen tickets, and then look for the gym.

Good night!

No comments: