Tuesday, March 4, 2008

more gyros!

Got up around 11~~ Lot of sleep!

Went to SET. Today we discussed well ordered sets, orderings, and segments. Discussed the axiom of choice- the choice function more in depth than in any class before.

Then ate a chicken gyro- not as tasty as the one yesterday, but I felt like a little healthier food.

Then was Hungarian. Today we talked about all the types of cheese and meats available at the grocery stores, and went on to describe plural-izing nouns. It isn't a very hard process- it involves adding a k to the end of the word- but words can become very long when they are a plural direct object!

Was only a bit productive tonight. Did a bunch of Combinatorics h/w and am almost caught up with the homeworks! Looked at the next CHA h/w, and I actually understand the question! Which makes me happy. Not quite sure how to solve it, though.

That reminds me, I heard AAL is really hard as well. I have a friend who was originally planning on taking both algebra classes. He bought both books, and was pumped for class. He first dropped character theory. Now he is in none- he wants to keep his sanity. And I completely understand. At least CHA seems to be very close to the text, while AAL is apparently not.

Cooked couscous for dinner (it was frozen in a bag). Ate it with a piece of chicken that went well with it.

Then decided to watch Legally Blonde. It was very unexpectedly entertaining.


Tomorrow I have 2 classes, but I shall stay at the college in the middle to study. I will also spend almost $200 on the analysis book. I think I really need it as a reference. What fun!

No comments: