Saturday, February 2, 2008

NOT lost, Day #1

Got up, had breakfast/lunch, finishing up the meat and cheese I had previously bought. Went out, first with a brief foray out to Heroes Square.

There is much to explore in that area, including castles, and outdoor baths, but today was a bit too cold, and there was a bit of rain, so I was pretty quick. I was planning on bringing my new camera out with me, but I didn't want it to get rained on. There are many statues as well, and surrounding it are two art museums.




Afterwards I headed west on the yellow line to Opera. The Hungarian National Opera was right by the entrance of the subway, and something must have been going on, since people were putting up a red carpet and trees, and police were blocking off a nearby road. I wonder what that was. Then I headed to Office Depot to buy binders, papers, and whiteout for my upcoming classes. Strangely enough- there are no three ring binders here. Everything is either 2 or 4 rings. I chose 4, since I thought that would add more stability. Things were actually relatively expensive. Then, I went to this pretty nice grocery store called Csemegl, that I had passed on my way to Office Depot. I bought some frozen vegetables and gnocchi with pesto (my eventual dinner), and a bunch of things to ready for me for breakfast and classes.
I found my way home- its pretty easy now! Read some, cooked and tried some of that weird milk (which was very creamy and tasted a little bit strange), and watched the Lost recap episode. Yay for iTunes! I hope tomorrow to watch the real fourth season premiere with a fellow Lost-ie, I already have it purchased and downloaded!
Then I actually got Sam and Max to work! I played with msconfig, getting rid of a lot of startup programs, and then after a restart it finally worked. However, I am having a lot of trouble actually solving the puzzles~
Who knows where I'll explore tomorrow! The sun is supposed to shine a little, and it is the last day before classes~ so I shall definitely get out and wander more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only america uses three-hole binder, man!